Monday, July 16, 2012

Crazy, Stupid, Love


    Recently, I have been in a movie slump. I haven’t watched anything absolutely wonderful, so when I ran across Crazy, Stupid, Love I didn’t think much about it. I have seen this movie check out like crazy so I thought I would give it a try. This romantic comedy stars Steve Carell, Ryan Gosling, Emma Stone, Julianne Moore, and Kevin Bacon. The movie opens with Cal (Carell) and Emily (Moore) at dinner, when Emily decides to drop the bomb that she has had an affair and wants a divorce.  Cal, who is completely devastated, is thrown back into the single life and he is pretty much sinking when playboy Jacob (Gosling) saves him. Jacob teaches Cal the wicked ways of manipulating women into getting what he wants from them. But soon, heartthrob Jacob has meets his match in the enchanting Hannah (played by a delightful Stone). If you think this is going to turn out to be a predictable romance comedy, well think again. There are other stories thrown in that make the movie wonderful. There are also lots of connections and twists that will keep you on your toes. The main message of this movie is love and it is definitely the starring character. So if you are looking for a great movie that will leave you with a positive feeling and lots of laughs, then I cannot recommend Crazy, Stupid, Love enough to you.

No comments: