The Homewood Library Supports the Jefferson County Library Cooperative
The Jefferson County Library Cooperative(JCLC)is a non-profit umbrella organization that serves as the link for all 40 public libraries countywide. In the past three years, the JCLC has lost all funding from the Jefferson County Commission which has left a large hole in the budget.
The services funded by the JCLC that benefit 40 Jefferson County public libraries include:
- Daily delivery service that transports materials from library to library guaranteeing easy access to all library materials to citizens countywide
- The popular online materials reservation system and online catalog
- Access to 2 million items including new and popular materials hot off the press
- Internet access for 40 libraries
- Popular databases - JCLC has already had to discontinue some databases because of budget cuts
During the Sidewalk Chalk Art Show program 10:30 A.M., July 3rd, the Homewood Library will support Public Libraries of Jefferson County by selling delicious Hawaiian Shaved Ice. All proceeds will go to the Jefferson County Library Cooperative. We will also be accepting tax deductible donations to help JCLC continue to provide the services we all enjoy.
Please join us on July 3rd in support of JCLC. Wear your sidewalk art clothes, bring a dollar for shaved ice ($0.25 for an additional flavor), and have fun!