Wednesday, July 6, 2011

The Sixth Man by David Baldacci

While commuting back and forth to work, I've just recently discovered books-on-CD. Actually, I recently purchased a car with a CD player in it and decided I'd take advantage of it. My first attempt was Water for Elephants by Sara Gruen which I quickly ejected after the sixth chapter because I could not take it any longer--much too depressing, desperate, disappointing, dirty and detailed!

My next attempt at listening to an audiobook was a much better experience. I found I really liked the Sixth Man by David Baldacci. Guess I like mystery and suspense. The story involving national defense, spies, PIs, and a murder case are so expertly intertwined that I didn't actually realize the two main characters, Sean and Michelle, seem to be recurring lead characters in some of Baldacci's books. And it didn't matter at all that I didn't know a thing about them.

It's a fast moving audiobook with a very exciting last few chapters with many twists and turns. Also the sound effects throughout the book, caught me off guard several times which added emotion and intrigue to the story. Oh, and I agree with another review I read, for the last CD, you might want to make sure you can devote your attention to it or you will have to listen to it again, like I did.

I don't think this is the last David Baldacci book/audiobook that I will enjoy listening to while I travel about.

Reserve this book, book-on-CD, or large print in the catalog.

No comments: